Dental implant surgery is a procedure that replaces tooth roots with metal, screwlike posts and replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth that look and function much like real ones. Dental implant surgery can offer a welcome alternative to dentures or bridgework that doesn’t fit well and can offer an option when a lack of natural teeth roots doesn’t allow building denture or bridgework tooth replacements.
A dental implant is a procedure in which a metal structure replaces a damaged or a missing tooth. In this procedure metal screwlike posts are put in to replace damaged tooth roots, whereas artificial teeth are used to replace damaged or broken teeth. Dental implants are considered to be a better alternative to dentures and bridgeworks, which are difficult to fit perfectly. Also, dental implants offer solid support to the teeth. as they are difficult to fit. Best Dental Implants may take months and patients need to aware of this fact. It is because the surgery involves several procedures and healing of bone around the teeth can take some time.
What’s the need for Best Dental Implants?
As mentioned above, dental implant is a surgical procedure in which metal structure are placed in the jawbone, where they work in place of the missing teeth. The metal titanium is used in implants which infuses with the jawbone, thus firmly fixing the implant. Also, since it is tightly infused, implants do not make any noise or for that matter cause bone damage through wear and tear which often happens with dentures. Because the titanium in the implant’s fuses with your jawbone, the implants won’t slip, make noise or cause bone damage the way fixed bridgework or dentures might.
In general, a dentist may recommend Best Dental Implants for you in the following cases:
- One or more teeth are missing
- No underlying health issues that could impediment quick bone healing
- There is slurring of speech due to missing teeth
- Have a fully grown jawbone
- Dentures are not fitting properly or you do not want to opt for it
- Have patience to wait for few months to let it completely heal
- Oral tissues are health
- And if you do not consume tobacco or tobacco related products
What are the risks involved?
Dental implant requires surgery, and as with any other surgery, there are certain risks associated with it. You can negate with risks by visiting a good dentist. Few of the risks involved are:
- Infection at the place of implant
- Damage or harm to nearby structures, such as other teeth
- Nerve damage, leading to a tingling sensation, numbness or pain in teeth, gums, lips or chin
- Sinus problems may arise if implants placed in the upper jawbone protrudes into one of the sinus cavities
Whether it’s Single Piece Implant or multiple implants, it is important to visit a good dental clinic. A good clinic has oral and maxillofacial surgeon, periodontist, prosthodontist and sometimes even an ENT specialist to take care of the entire implant procedure.
Keep yourself updated following our Social Page for the latest deals and information.