In the past decade, there have been several advancements in the field of dentistry that have resulted in incredible technological development. For the patients suffering from a lost or missing tooth, the treatment choice has been shifted to dental implants. The procedures done with the correct surgical technique have delivered a success rate that is near about a hundred percent. About a decade ago, the dental implant industry virtually exploded. At that time a large number of implant manufacturers decided to change the topographical surface that is required in the implant fixtures. The decision was taken on the basis of dental literature and written research that resulted in an improved success rate for the patients. Now there are many innovative dental implants such as cortico basal implants, pterygoid implants, and others that have a higher success rate.
If you are a patient requiring a dental implant, then there are some important things that you need to know before continuing with the treatment. Let us go through these points below:
- Conduct basic research on the dentist, who has recommended the dental implantation procedure for you. Make sure to check his experience in implant dentistry.
- The practitioner or the individual who will conduct the dental implant must have previous surgical experience from an Indian Government-certified program or course. There are a few certified institutions that provide dental implant training in India.
- Before undergoing the implant procedure take a second opinion from a general dentist regarding your situation. This will give you a better idea of the implantation and its effect, overall helping you in ensuring a well-planned, properly treated, and suitably restored tooth.
- Always emphasize on the type of dental implants your surgical consultant will use. Ask him about the benefits and disadvantages of those surgical implants apart from conducting self-research on their success and survival rates.
- Ask as many questions as you want with your dentist regarding the state of your tooth, type of implants, time is taken to heal, and other questions that come to your mind.
Simpladent India is offering dental implant training in India. For information on the courses, contact us on – +91 9711150803 or mail us at [email protected].